Geospatial Challenge Camp Finland is a new innovation service of the Geoportti Research Infrastructure (Geoportti RI) and Location Innovation Hub (LIH). It aims at solving real-world sustainability challenges with open data and location technologies. The theme for the Geospatial Challenge Camp is Health and wellbeing. The Camp will run from September to December in 2023.
At the challenge camp, multi-disciplinary teams of young scientists work in close collaboration with different stakeholders, such as companies, public administration and non-profit organisations, to co-create digital and social innovations with location data and digital technologies. Possible application areas include for example air quality, rapid urbanisation, climate change, environmental risks, urban planning, pandemic management and economic and social inequalities and their linkages to health and wellbeing.
- Is your organization working with real-world health and well-being problems, and desire to solve them with location data and tech?
- Do you have digital health related location data, which you would like to offer for teams to explore and innovate with?
- Is your organization interested in mentoring teams with insights into design-thinking and novel data & digital tools and business solutions?
- Do you have health related information needs for improved decision-making and opportunity to link solutions to public policy-making?
- Is your organisation interested in supporting challenge camps and provide young scientists with scholarship or perhaps awards for the best solutions?
If you answer yes to one or several questions, sign up now to participate the camp as a partner or contact us for more information. Deadline for sign-ups is on September 11th, 2023.
Challenge camp in practice
As partners, we are looking for organisations and companies that want to solve challenges by using location intelligence, and work together with academic, multidisciplinary teams. Organisations can be big or small as long as they operate in the health & wellbeing sector or are interested in extending their activities to a new domain.
Acting as a partner is free of charge. We expect partners to support the work of the research teams, e.g. by mentoring teams and providing data for research.
Teams work actively with their peers, mentors and stakeholders during the camp and focus on designing geospatial data and digital technology solutions, which could have sustainability impacts for the users of the solution and for the society at large. Partners and research teams work together mainly online. We are organising a face-to-face kick-off event in August for partners and teams. In November we will have a final event which provides an opportunity to see the results of the challenge camp.
The camp facilitates growth of open data, technology and application innovations around Finnish research expertise and strengthen Finnish geospatial competence and innovation ecosystem through cross-fertilization of research, innovation, business and sustainable development expertise around digital location data and technologies.
More information: https://challenge-camp.geoportti.fi/